Easy Citrus Shrimp and Noodles
You can use fresh or frozen shrimp in this recipe. If using frozen, defrost according to package directions.
- 1 pound shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 2 cups thinly sliced zucchini (about 2 small)
- 2 cups snow peas
- 8 ounces rice noodles
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Peanuts (optional)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Mix together the dressing: Add the orange juice, honey, soy sauce, and oil to a medium bowl or jar and mix well.
Add the shrimp and vegetables to a large rimmed baking sheet. Toss with half of the dressing. Roast for 6-8 minutes or until the shrimp is cooked through and the vegetables are just tender.
Meanwhile, prepare the rice noodles according to the package directions.
Remove the shrimp and vegetables from the oven and toss with the noodles and the remaining dressing. Serve warm.
- You can store any leftovers for up to 3 days in the fridge in an airtight container. Warm it gently in short increments to avoid overcooking it. But yes, otherwise the leftovers are delish!
- Cut up the noodles for toddlers and little kids to ensure they are easy to chew.
- Trade in spaghetti for the rice noodles if desired.
- If you have any leftover dressing, you can use it over rice or any other type of stir fry.
- Trade in another veggie for the zucchini like yellow squash, broccoli, snap peas, or snow peas.
Calories: 521kcalCarbohydrates: 66gProtein: 28gFat: 16gSaturated Fat: 11gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 286mgSodium: 1392mgPotassium: 457mgFiber: 3gSugar: 15gVitamin A: 719IUVitamin C: 61mgCalcium: 212mgIron: 4mg