Best Avocado Smoothie (3 ingredients!)
This makes two toddler-size servings or one serving for a hungrier smoothie-lover!
- 1 cup unsweetened nondairy milk (or kefir)
- 1 cup frozen mango cubes (or sliced banana)
- 1/4 cup avocado (peel discarded)
- 1 teaspoon hemp seeds, 1 teaspoon almond or peanut butter, 1/4 cup spinach, optional
Add the ingredients to the blender.
Blend, starting on low and working up to high. Use the stick that came with the blender if needed or stop and start if things get stuck.
Serve in an open cup or reusable pouch as desired.
- I like making this with vanilla kefir, but plain nondairy milk or kefir work.
- I don't love using regular milk in smoothies as I find that it can separate, but if you plan to serve right away, that will work just fine!
- Sweeten with a little honey (for kids over 1) or maple syrup to taste as needed.
- You can use fresh or frozen avocado.
- If the mixture is too thick for your blender, add a smidge more milk.
- You can refrigerate any leftovers for up to 24 hours in the fridge. It will have a texture more like drinkable yogurt than a smoothie on the second day.
Calories: 194kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 329mg | Potassium: 459mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 1840IU | Vitamin C: 64mg | Calcium: 323mg | Iron: 1mg