Easy Sweet Potato Mac and Cheese
I like to use a small shape to keep this dish as fast as possible.
- 1 pound pasta (such as elbows, mini wagon wheels, or ABC pasta)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 Savory Blends Organic Sweet Potato pouch
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup milk
Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Cook pasta according to the package directions. Drain.
Melt the butter in the pot over low heat. Add the pasta, sweet potato, cheddar cheese, and milk.
Turn off the heat. Stir together the ingredients to make a uniformly creamy pasta.
- Use a small shape of pasta so it cooks quickly.
- Use one of the new Happy Family Organics Savory Blends for zero prep work.
- Or, prepare your own Sweet Potato Puree and use 1/2 cup.
- Stir the mixture together well until all of the cheese is melted.
- Add a simple side of fruit for an easy meal.
- Store leftovers in the fridge in airtight containers for 3-5 days. Reheat in 15-30 second increments or until warm.
- Gluten-free: Use GF pasta.
Calories: 104kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 5gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 391mgPotassium: 226mgFiber: 1gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 1077IUVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 120mgIron: 1mg