Quick Sauteed Cinnamon Pears
Transform any variety of pears into these delicious cinnamon cooked pears. Serve them as a simple side or snack, or cut a little smaller for a finger food for babies.
- 4 medium pears (any variety)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (or coconut or avocado oil)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Dice the pears into about 1/2-inch pieces. (I leave the peel on, but you can peel the pears if you prefer.) Discard the core and stem.
Place a medium skillet over medium heat. Melt the butter (or oil). Stir in the pears.
Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until soft when poked with a fork. (If serving to a baby, make sure they squish easily between your fingers. You may need to cook them a little longer.) Cooking time may vary a little depending on how ripe or unripe the pears are. The riper they are, the quicker the cooking time.
Stir in the cinnamon and serve warm or store for later.
- These can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for 3-5 days.
- Use any variety of pear you like including Bartlett, Anjou, Bosc, or any other variety.
- You can use firm unripe pears and also softer ripe ones. The only difference is how long they take to cook—unripe pears will take a little longer to soften up.
- You can serve the cooked pears as a simple side dish or as an easy finger food.
- You can also serve these warm or chilled on top of yogurt, cottage cheese, or oatmeal.
Calories: 163kcalCarbohydrates: 27gProtein: 1gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 3mgPotassium: 182mgFiber: 6gSugar: 17gVitamin A: 225IUVitamin C: 8mgCalcium: 19mgIron: 1mg