Mac and Cheese with Peas (Fav Shortcut Toddler Meal)
With an easy method and a yummy, satisfying result, this quick toddler meal is one of our go-to shortcut kids meals.
Servings 2 -4
- 1 box Annies Mac and Cheese (or whichever brand you like)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
Bring a medium pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook for 8 minutes, or as directed on the box.
Place the frozen peas into a colander in the sink.
When the pasta is cooked, drain over the peas.
Return the pot to the heat and turn the heat to low. Add the butter, milk, and cheese packet from the box. Whisk to combine and thicken for 15-30 seconds.
Stir in the pasta and peas and serve warm.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge and reheat for 30-60 seconds in the microwave.
- Double the recipe to make a larger amount for more kids.
- Warm and pack in a thermos for an easy hot lunch for kindergarten or school.
- Do take the minute to stir the cheese sauce over low heat to allow it to thicken.
- Place the peas into the bottom of the colander so they warm through without having to get out an extra pot.
- Trade in another veggie as you like.
Calories: 120kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 15mg | Potassium: 199mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 754IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 1mg