20-Minute Stir Fry Rice Noodles with Veggies
Try this quick family dinner the next time you're craving healthy comfort food—and want to please the entire family!
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1- inch grated ginger (optional)
- 1 grated garlic clove (optional)
- 8 ounces stir-fry noodles (or spaghetti), prepared according to package directions.
- 4 cups shredded or chopped vegetables like carrots, bell peppers, bok choy, sugar snap peas, or broccoli
- Crushed peanuts and lime slices, optional
Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Add the vegetables, stir, and cover. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for about 6-8 minutes or until soft.
Remove the lid and stir in the sauce for the last 2-3 minutes of cooking.
Toss in the noodles and serve warm topped with peanuts and fresh lime juice, if desired.
- To make everything easy for younger toddlers to eat, snip the noodles and vegetables with kitchen shears into smaller pieces.
- Cut the vegetables to similar sizes to help them cook at the same rate.
- Double the recipe as needed to feed a larger family or to ensure leftovers.
- Add chicken, shrimp, beef, sauteed tofu, edamame beans or peas as desired for additional protein.
- Use Thai-style rice noodles, or spaghetti, egg noodles, Ramen noodles or any other similar noodle.
- Prepare noodles according to package directions.
- Store fresh ginger in a freezer bag in the freezer and grate it frozen right into the pan (and future recipes) to get the most use out of it.
- Top with fresh lime juice, additional soy sauce, and/or chopped peanuts if desired.
Calories: 278kcalCarbohydrates: 45gProtein: 7gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gSodium: 927mgPotassium: 50mgFiber: 1gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 1IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 10mgIron: 1mg