Roasted Sweet Potato Hash
Try this easy breakfast-for-dinner idea the next time you need a super easy and nutritious family dinner.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced (about 4 cups)
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced (about 1 cup)
- 14.5 ounce can chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 avocado, diced
- 4-8 hard-cooked or fried eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup pureed salsa
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet pan with parchment paper.
Add the sweet potato, onion, chickpeas, oil, cumin, chili powder, and salt to a bowl. Toss to coat well.
Spread out into an even layer on a baking pan. Bake for 24-28 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
Stir together the sour cream or yogurt and salsa.
Serve the roasted veggies with the eggs, avocado, and the salsa sauce.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for 3-5 days in the fridge. Heat through to serve.
- Top with optional toppings according to how you like it.
- Poke the sweet potato with a fork to make sure it's done—it should be very soft.
- Add hot sauce, fresh cilantro, green onions, or any other flavor boosters to your own portion.
Calories: 377kcalCarbohydrates: 54gProtein: 12gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 8gSodium: 663mgPotassium: 757mgFiber: 12gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 16227IUVitamin C: 6mgCalcium: 107mgIron: 5mg