Creamsicle Popsicles (3-Ingredients!)
Make these freezer pops for a sweet snack or dessert. They're loaded with probiotics and Vitamin C and taste super fresh.
- 2 medium oranges, peeled (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/4 cup plain whole milk Greek-style yogurt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup ( or honey)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract optional
Mix all ingredients in a blender until very, very smooth.
Taste mixture and add additional sweetener if desired.
Pour into molds and freeze for about 4 hours or until firm.
To serve, run each mold under hot water to loosen, or let sit at room temperature for a few mintues.
- You can omit the honey or maple syrup if desired.
- Avoid honey for babies under age one.
- Dairy-free: Use a favorite nondairy Greek-style yogurt like the plant-based yogurt from Siggis or canned full-fat coconut milk.
- Use popsicle molds or small disposable cups with popsicle sticks.
- If using cups with popsicle sticks, place the stick into the mixture after about an hour in the freezer so it will stand up in the center.
- Be sure to blend very, very well to ensure that the mixture is very smooth.
- Run the popsicle mold under hot water for a few seconds to help loosen if needed.
- Store popsicles, once frozen, in a zip top freezer bag in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Serving: 1popsicleCalories: 64kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 5gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 16mgPotassium: 153mgFiber: 1gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 100IUVitamin C: 23mgCalcium: 71mgIron: 1mg