Berry Banana Smoothie Bowls (Kid-Friendly)
These are deliberately thick so that they're easy to eat with a spoon. Vary the toppings as you like!
- 1 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries, blueberries, or mixed berries
- 1 large banana, sliced (about 1 cup)
- Optional toppings: granola, sliced banana, chopped berries, shredded unsweetened coconut, hemp seeds, and/or chopped or small pieces of dried fruit
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container or reusable pouch for up to 24 hours. (It will have the consistency of drinkable yogurt as leftovers.) Or you can freeze it into popsicles.
- This is intentionally thick so it's easy to eat with a spoon.) If it's too thick for your blender, add a little extra milk.)
- Use dairy or nondairy milk.
- Banana-free: Trade in 1 cup diced mango or use 1/2 cup yogurt instead.
- Try letting the kids (even little ones!) add their own toppings for a fun food activity.
Calories: 161kcalCarbohydrates: 28gProtein: 5gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 54mgPotassium: 538mgFiber: 4gSugar: 19gVitamin A: 248IUVitamin C: 69mgCalcium: 158mgIron: 1mg