Easy Pizza Lunches (to Share with the Kids)
Learn how to make quick pizzas with a range of bases with this easy method. See the post for more ideas. Double or triple this as needed.
- 1 tortilla, English muffin, pita bread, or flatbread (any type you prefer; flour tortilla works better than corn)
- ¼ cup pizza sauce
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella
- ¼ cup precooked broccoli florets, pepperoni, sliced olives, or other desired pizza toppings (optional)
Preheat the broiler or plan to use the toaster oven.
Spread the pizza sauce onto the tortilla or bread. Add the cheese and desired toppings.
Broil on LOW for 4-6 minutes or toast until the cheese is melted and lightly golden brown. Serve warm or fold in half or in quarters to pack in a thermos.
- Do your best with portion and keep an eye on what comes home so you know if you need to pack more or less food.
- Add an easy side, such as a lunch snack, to round out the meal.
- Pack warm in a thermos or cold or room temperature in a lunch box.
Serving: 1pizza | Calories: 253kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 766mg | Potassium: 270mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 454IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 198mg | Iron: 1mg