Easy Sausage Meatballs
This will make at least two dinners worth of meatballs, depending on how many people are in your family. I like to freeze half of the batch to use in a future meal.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound mild Italian sausage
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/3 Italian flavored breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 24- ounce jar favorite marinara sauce (optional)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and grease a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray
Remove the sausage from the casings if needed. Mix all ingredients well with clean hands in a medium bowl until thoroughly combined.
Portion into small 2-inch meatballs. Place on prepared baking pan and bake for 22-25 minutes.
Drain on a paper towel-lined plate to absorb excess oil.
Serve, or bring the marinara sauce to a simmer in a medium pot. Add meatballs and keep warm until ready to serve with pasta or on/with rolls as sandwiches.
- Use raw Italian sausage, not precooked.
- Choose sausage that's bulk or that comes in casings. Either works.
- Use gluten-free breadcrumbs and sausage to make this recipe gluten-free.
- You can serve them without the sauce if your kids prefer them that way.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for 3-5 days in the fridge and reheat to serve. Or freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge or in a pot of simmering tomato sauce on the stovetop.
- Serve the meatballs in warm tomato sauce with pasta or as meatball sandwiches with bread.
Serving: 2meatballsCalories: 179kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 11gFat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 212mgPotassium: 158mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 44IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 43mgIron: 1mg