Easy Cherry Smoothie (to Share with the Kids!)
Try this naturally sweet smoothie filled with cherries, banana, and creamy yogurt. Add the nut butter if desired for extra protein and flavor.
- 1 cup frozen cherries
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe banana
- 1 cup plain whole milk yogurt (regular or Greek-style)
- Optional: 1/2 cup raw cauliflower, 1 tablespoon peanut butter or almond butter, 1 tablespoon hemp seeds, 1/4 cup orange juice, and/or 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
Place all ingredients into the bowl of a blender.
Add any optional ingredients.
Process until very smooth, starting on low and working up to high.
- Store for up to 4-6 hours in an airtight container or reusable pouch in the fridge.
- Serve cold.
- Use a banana with brown spots for the best sweetness.
- Dairy-free: Use nondairy yogurt.
- Blend well to create a creamy consistency.
- Sub in frozen mango or additional cherries if you'd like to skip the banana.
- Serve in a small open cup, in a bowl with a spoon, or in a reusable pouch.
Calories: 303kcalCarbohydrates: 51gProtein: 11gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 113mgPotassium: 955mgFiber: 5gSugar: 38gVitamin A: 379IUVitamin C: 17mgCalcium: 318mgIron: 1mg