Maple Cornbread Muffins
Moist and nutritious, these easy cornmeal muffins are an easy side, breakfast, or yummy snack.
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk (plain unsweetened if using nondairy)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup canola oil (or melted and slightly cooled butter)
- 1 teaspoon salt
Preheat the oven to 400 F and grease a mini muffin tin.
Stir together all ingredients in a medium bowl.
Portion about 1 1/2 tablespoons batter into each prepared cup and bake for about 12-14 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden brown and a cake tester inserted into the center comes out cleanly.
Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Store fully cooled muffins in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days and heat for 15 seconds in the microwave before serving.
- To make full-size muffins, bake for 16-18 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out cleanly.
- Gluten-free: Use cup for cup gluten free flour blend.
- Stir the ingredients together gently.
- Make them mini or full size, depending on your preference.
- Serve with soups, stews, chili, eggs, or as a component at snack time.
- Top with butter, honey, or apple butter if desired. Dice into smaller pieces for younger toddlers.
Serving: 2mini muffinsCalories: 157kcalCarbohydrates: 23gProtein: 3gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 310mgPotassium: 121mgFiber: 2gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 34IUCalcium: 93mgIron: 1mg