Simple Sweet Potato Smoothie
If you make the roasted sweet potato ahead of time, this balanced snack or meal component comes together in minutes.
Servings 2 (toddler size serving or 1 larger)
- 1/2 cup plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup mashed roasted sweet potato
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds (optional but recommended)
- 2-3 ice cubes
- 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
Place all ingredients into the bowl of a blender.
Start on low, then increase to high and blend until very smooth.
Serve cold in a cup, sippy cup, or reusable pouch.
- Make the sweet potatoes ahead and chill them before using them in this recipe.
- Use sweet potatoes cooked in the crock pot to make the prep work easy.
- Use nondairy yogurt if desired to make this recipe dairy-free.
- You can use purchased or freshly squeezed orange juice.
- Serve in a small open cup or a reusable pouch.
- Serve with a whole grain such as toast, crackers, pancakes, or a granola bar.
Calories: 123kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 47mg | Potassium: 269mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 4879IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 98mg | Iron: 1mg