Easy Baked Chicken Nuggets (SO Crispy!)
These chicken nuggets have simple ingredients and a pleasantly crispy exterior. Aim to cut the chicken into similarly sized pieces so they bake evenly.
- 1 pound chicken breast (or tenders)
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour (or gluten-free flour)
- 1 1/4 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and place a wire rack coated with nonstick spray on a rimmed baking sheet.
Cut up the chicken into bite-size pieces. I like to use kitchen shears for this.
Place the egg, flour, and breadcrumbs, mixed with the salt, into three shallow bowls.
Coat the chicken pieces in the flour, egg, then the breadcrumbs and place onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 14-15 minutes or until completely cooked.
Serve warm or at room temperature with ketchup, ranch or marinara.
- Coat the wire rack well with nonstick spray to ensure that the breading doesn't stick.
- Use all-purpose or gluten-free flour as needed.
- Use panko breadcrumbs for a crunchier end result. (Regular ones will work fine too, but won't be quite as crunchy.)
- Use kitchen shears to quickly cut up the chicken into smaller pieces.
- To reheat leftovers, place into the oven on a foil-lined baking sheet for 6-8 minutes at 375 degrees F.
- Egg-free: Omit the egg and use 1/2 whole milk instead.
- Gluten-free: Use gluten-free flour and gluten-free panko.
Calories: 257kcalCarbohydrates: 22gProtein: 29gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 113mgSodium: 430mgPotassium: 483mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 93IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 48mgIron: 2mg