Quick Caramelized Bananas
You can easily double this recipe to feed more!
- 1 medium-size ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter (or coconut oil)
Slice the banana into rounds about 1/2-inch thick.
Warm the butter in a nonstick skillet placed over medium heat. When melted, add the bananas making sure each is on a flat side. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until just starting to brown.
Flip over and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Serve warm over pancakes, yogurt, oatmeal, or as a simple side.
- Use a fork or small spatula to flip the slices over.
- Use coconut oil for a dairy-free option.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon for a hint of spice.
- Serve over pancakes, waffles, oatmeal, yogurt, or cottage cheese. Or serve on their own.
- Double the recipe to make a larger batch.
- These are best served warm out of the pan but can be reheated and served warm if needed.
Calories: 70kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 212mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 100IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 4mg | Iron: 1mg