So Easy Sliced Baked Apples
We like these apples warm or cold out of the fridge, so see what your kids like best!
- 3-4 medium apples (about 3 cups sliced; core discarded)
- 1 tablespoon melted unsalted butter (or coconut oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Place the butter or oil into a pie plate or baking dish. Warm in the oven for a few minutes to melt. Remove from oven.
Slice the apples into approximately 1/2-inch slices and discard the cores. Place into the baking dish with the oil.
Add the cinnamon and toss to combine.
Bake for 28-34 minutes, or until tender when poked with a fork.
Serve in slices or cut up into smaller pieces and serve over yogurt, oatmeal, or pancakes.
- Store leftovers, once cooled, in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Serve cold or warmed.
- To freeze, let apples cool completely and store in a single layer in a zip top freezer bag in the freezer for up 3 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight or at room temperature.
- You can add frozen baked apples directly to smoothies.
- Serve warm apples over yogurt, oatmeal, or pancakes.
- Serve alongside savory dinners such as roasted chicken or pork chops.
- Use Granny Smith, Pink Lady, Fuji, or any other slightly firm apple you like.
- Add 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger or Chinese five spice powder for additional flavor.
Calories: 97kcalCarbohydrates: 19gProtein: 1gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 2mgPotassium: 148mgFiber: 3gSugar: 14gVitamin A: 162IUVitamin C: 6mgCalcium: 12mgIron: 1mg