Banana Puree Baby Food
Use a ripe banana with at least some brown spots for the best flavor in this puree.
- 1 ripe banana (about 1 cup sliced)
- Cinnamon, optional
Slice banana to measure out about 1 cup.
Add to a blender. Blend until very smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed.
Add a tiny pinch of cinnamon if desired.
- To store, place into small airtight storage containers and store in the fridge.
- To freeze, place into an ice cube tray, freeze, then transfer frozen cubes to a freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in an airtight container in the fridge.
- To make a thicker banana puree, you can simply mash a ripe banana until mostly smooth using a fork or potato masher.
- Add a sprinkle of cinnamon for additional flavor.
- To help prevent the puree from browning, you can add a few drops of an acid such as fresh lemon or orange juice.
- Mix with whole milk plain yogurt, baby oatmeal, mashed avocado, sweet potato, or any other baby food you like as desired.
Serving: 2tbspCalories: 13kcalCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 1gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 1mgPotassium: 53mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 9IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 1mgIron: 1mg