Easy Bean Puree
You can make this recipe with almost any bean, such as garbanzo beans, white beans, and black beans.
- 1 cup fully cooked garbanzo beans (rinsed and drained if canned)
- 1/4-1/3 cup water
- Cinnamon or cumin, optional
Add the beans and 1/4 cup water to a blender.
Blend until very smooth, adding a little more water if needed to create a smooth puree.
Add a pinch of cinnamon or cumin for additional flavor. Serve on a spoon or spread onto a toast finger.
- Try this using garbanzo beans, white beans, black beans, or pinto beans.
- If using canned beans, choose a "no salt added" variety and rinse and drain the beans before making the puree.
- Store any leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Store leftovers in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in an airtight container and stir before serving as some water may separate out.
- For calculating the nutrition, I use a 2 tablespoon serving, but a baby may eat less or more than that—it's all good!
Serving: 2tbspCalories: 34kcalCarbohydrates: 6gProtein: 2gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 2mgPotassium: 60mgFiber: 2gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 6IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 10mgIron: 1mg