2-Minute Blueberry Puree
You can make this and serve it throughout the week, or stash some in the freezer for future use. Feel free to double this to make a larger batch.
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/4-1/2 cup water
Add blueberries to a blender.
Add 1/4 cup water and blend, adding more water as desired to make a thin puree.
Serve or store in an airtight container for 3-5 days in the fridge, or up to 3 months in the freezer.
- To do this with frozen blueberries, thaw completely first at room temperature or warm for about a minute in the microwave.
- If the blender has a hard time blending the fruit totally smooth, increase the amount of blueberries to 2 cups.
- To freeze, portion puree into an ice cube tray and freeze for 4-6 hours or until frozen. Transfer to a freezer storage bag for up to 3 months.
- To thaw from frozen, place a cube into an airtight container and allow to thaw overnight in the fridge.
- Blueberry puree will firm up a little as it sits, so simply stir it before serving.
- Serve as is or mix into yogurt, oatmeal, or a smoothie. You can also serve slightly warmed as a sauce for pancakes or waffles.
Calories: 14kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 1gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 1mgPotassium: 19mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 13IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 2mgIron: 1mg