Quick and Easy Pineapple Puree
Feel free to double this recipe to make a larger batch.
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 2 tablespoons water, formula, or breast milk if needed
Place the pineapple into a blender.
Blend until very smooth, adding a little liquid if needed.
Serve, store in the fridge for 3-5 days in an airtight container, or freezer for future use.
- To do this with frozen pineapple, thaw completely first at room temperature or warm for about a minute in the microwave.
- If the blender has a hard time blending the fruit totally smooth, increase the amount of pineapple to 2 cups.
- To freeze, portion puree into an ice cube tray and freeze for 4-6 hours or until frozen. Transfer to a freezer storage bag for up to 3 months.
- To thaw from frozen, place a cube into an airtight container and allow to thaw overnight in the fridge.
- Serve as is or mix into yogurt, oatmeal, or a smoothie. You can also serve slightly warmed as a sauce for pancakes or waffles.
- Mix it with another puree as desired.
Calories: 14kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 1gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 1mgPotassium: 30mgFiber: 1gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 16IUVitamin C: 13mgCalcium: 4mgIron: 1mg