Easy Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Make this easy sweet potato recipe as a make-ahead lunch component or a simple side dish for family dinner.
- 4 cups peeled and diced sweet potato (from about 2 medium)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and coat a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. (Or skip the parchment paper if you prefer.)
Peel the sweet potato. Slice into rounds.
Cut each round into three strips. Turn and slice across to make small squares.
Place the diced sweet potato onto the prepared baking sheet and toss with olive oil.
Roast for 20-25 minutes or until soft when poked with a fork.
Serve with a little salt if desired.
- I find that the garnet yams variety has the best flavor, but any orange flesh one will work.
- Add salt to taste as you like. (You can omit it for babies or younger toddlers.)
- You can serve these warm or at room temperature if in a packed lunch.
- Serve with a dip such as Ketchup, Ranch, or any other sauce you kids like if desired.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the fridge.
- If you leave the salt off, you can add 1/2 of the leftover sweet potatoes to any smoothie to add creaminess and nutrition.
Calories: 176kcalCarbohydrates: 27gProtein: 2gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gSodium: 219mgPotassium: 448mgFiber: 4gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 18869IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 40mgIron: 1mg