Easy, happy, and wholesome dinner ideas that your whole family will love...even your littlest eaters!
Yummy Family Food is a cookbook designed to make family meals, even when they include toddlers, a whole lot easier. Each issue will have 15 recipes, including 10 quick dinner ideas and 5 yummy sides. Each dinner recipe has 4 variations so that you can customize them for your own family and dietary preferences. Each recipe was created and tested (and retested!) with reality in mind. So the food processor does the chopping. The oven does the roasting. And you don’t have to stand over the stove watching a pot to make sure that dinner turns out perfectly.
The recipes are:
- Appropriate for Toddlers: Meals are suitable for toddlers from both a chewing and nutritional standpoint. Serving tips are included to make serving the same meal to everyone simple.
- Fast: All recipes can be made in about 30 minutes or less—or in the slow cooker.
- Allergy-Friendly: In addition to lots of produce and good-for-you ingredients, there are gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, and vegetarian variations.
- Budget-Minded: The ingredients are streamlined to save money and time.
- Make-Ahead: You can prepare ingredients, or the entire meal, ahead of time—either earlier in the day or days ahead.
- Shortcuts: There are shortcut ideas to help make an easy meal idea even easier.
- Seasonal, yet Realistic: There will be ingredients like zucchini and tomatoes in the summer issue and more comforting fare in the winter one, but you’ll never see ramps or any other hard to find specialty ingredients!
- Approachable: Both from a cooking perspective and an eating one, the recipes are simple and straight-forward. And also yummy!
Each issue of the quarterly ebook is available as a digital download (to access on your phone or device) or as a printed magazine. You can even subscribe to a full year’s worth of issues and get free digital editions and free shipping on each issue!
What people are saying about the recipes:
“We made the Moroccan lentil quinoa bowls (deconstructed for the toddler) for dinner tonight. So tasty and the small servings of each thing seem to make him more willing to try everything.” —Emily
“I think I’ve made every recipe. We loved the Sweet Potato Sausage Sauce—and the leftovers made yummy Sloppy Joe’s!” —Gina
“My husband and I really liked the peanut sauce (and it was much simpler than my usual one) Hazel loves the noodles and I gave her a dab of the sauce to dip (which she didn’t try but hopefully some day!). —Liz
“The slow cooker sweet potato sausage sauce was a hit with my husband and Hazel. I am easy to please but those two it’s hard to make something they will both like. This cookbook has been a score!” —Liz
Click here to be one of the first to try these yummy recipes.
Hi, I’m Amy. I’m a writer, editor, crafter, recipe developer, wife, and mama to a very energetic four year old and new baby girl. Previously, I was a food editor with Better Homes and Gardens Special Interest Media and the Deputy Editor of ReadyMade magazine. My writing and recipes have appeared in All Recipes, All You, Better Homes and Gardens, Bon Appetit, Delicious Living, DIY magazine, HGTV magazine, The Kitchn, Momtastic, Mother.ly, Organiclife.com, Parents, Parents.com, Real Simple, Super Healthy Kids, The Wall Street Journal, and The Honest Company’s website . I’ve also developed recipes for clients including Sketter Nut-Free, Barilla, Terra’s Kitchen, McCormick, Reynolds, and Danone. You can see more of my work at amypalanjian.com.