Easy Roasted Carrot "Fries"
These baked carrot fries are a simple side to go with burgers or chicken and pair perfectly with ketchup.
- 6-8 medium carrots about 1 pound
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Arrange your carrots on a cutting board.
Cut the ends off of the carrots.
Peel the carrots.
Slice into matchsticks, each about the width of a pencil.
Place the sliced carrots onto a large rimmed baking sheet and toss with the olive oil and salt.
Spread out as evenly as possible (this will help them to get a little crisp in spots, which makes them really yummy).
Bake for 20-24 minutes or until just starting to brown and are soft in texture. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- Try to cut the carrots to a similar size so they bake evenly.
- Coat the carrots with olive oil well by tossing around the pan.
- Spread the carrots out so they aren't overlapping so they bake well, and use a second sheet pan if needed to achieve this.
- Add additional flavor by sprinkling with sesame seeds, Everything Bagel seasoning, cumin or even cinnamon.
- Serve with a dip such as ketchup, Ranch, or honey.
Calories: 68kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 1gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gSodium: 354mgPotassium: 293mgFiber: 3gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 15286IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 30mgIron: 1mg