Chocolate Pumpkin Smoothie
This smoothie makes two toddler-size servings, or a smoothie to share for a parent and toddler. You can freeze any leftovers into a freezer pop!
- 1 cup milk (dairy or nondairy)
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 small banana (sliced and frozen)
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds (optional)
- To make this smoothie without banana, you can try adding a 2 tablespoons of avocado and a few ice cubes. Or use half milk and half Greek yogurt to add creaminess.
- Vegan: Use nondairy milk.
- Nut-free: Use sunflower seed butter instead of almond butter.
- To add extra pumpkin flavor, try adding a dash of pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon to the mix.
- Serve to kids in a small open cup, in a reusable pouch, or in a straw cup.
- Serve immediately for the best texture, or store in the fridge for 2-4 hours and serve in a reusable pouch. Shake it before serving to make sure it's not separated.
Calories: 239kcalCarbohydrates: 26gProtein: 10gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 56mgPotassium: 554mgFiber: 5gSugar: 15gVitamin A: 6629IUVitamin C: 7mgCalcium: 193mgIron: 2mg