Pumpkin Chocolate Baked Donuts
Share a batch of flourless chocolate baked donuts for breakfast, snack time or dessert. They're easy enough that the kids can help make the batter!
- ½ cup nut butter (such as almond, peanut or sunflower seed butter)
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Cream cheese and mini chocolate chips (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a standard size donut pan well.
Place all ingredients into a blender. Blend until very smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender if needed.
Fill donut cups about 3/4 full. Depending on the size of your pan, you may need to make two batches.
Bake 14-16 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out cleanly. (You can also use a mini muffin pan and bake for the same time.)
Let cool for a few minutes and use a paring knife to carefully coerce the donuts out of the pan. Let cool fully on a wire rack.
Top fully cooled donuts with optional Pumpkin Yogurt Frosting.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Pumpkin Yogurt Frosting: Stir together 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt, 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree, and 1 tablespoon powdered sugar. Place into a small zip top bag, seal, and cut off one corner. Drizzle over donuts right before serving.
- The frosting is best used right before serving, though you can frost up to 24 hours ahead of serving if you store in the fridge.
- If you want to make the frosting ahead, store it in the bag, then cut off the end and drizzle to serve the donuts.)
- To bake as muffins, use a mini muffin pan and bake as directed.
- Nut-free: Use sunflower seed butter.
- Use unsweetened pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling.
- To make eyes, create small cream cheese balls, flatten, and place onto donut. Top each with a mini chocolate chip.
Serving: 1donutCalories: 127kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 5gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 58mgPotassium: 170mgFiber: 3gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 1799IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 78mgIron: 1mg