Favorite Non-Sandwich Lunch Ideas
Find easy recipes for lunch that aren't sandwiches, including this simple Chicken Caesar Salad. It can work for kids or adults.
- 1-2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- ¼-½ cup thinly sliced grilled or rotisserie chicken
- ¼-½ cup sliced strawberries
- Shredded almonds, shredded cheese, diced avocado drizzled with lemon, and/or croutons (optional)
- 2-3 tablespoons Caesar dressing
Add the lettuce, chicken, strawberries, and desired toppings in a container. (Or on a plate.) Be sure to very finely shred the lettuce for kids under age 3.
Place the dressing into a small dip container or add it to the salad, either on the side or drizzled on top.
Increase amounts of each ingredient as you like.
Pack in an lunchbox in an insulated lunch bag with a ice pack.
Swap out the chicken for white beans, cooked tofu, or another protein you like.
Calories: 237kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 10g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 386mg | Potassium: 269mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 4115IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 1mg