Refried Bean Taco Roll Ups
This makes 6 rolled up tacos, so you can adjust this as needed for your family. Taste the refried beans before you make the roll ups and adjust the salt and/or cumin if needed. You can also serve the ingredients in separate bowls and let your family serve themselves.
- 14.5- ounce refried beans (or about 1 1/2 cups homemade refried beans)
- 6 small tortillas (corn or flour)
- salsa, cheese, sour cream, and assorted taco topping as desired
Warm the beans for about 30 seconds in the microwave.
Warm the tortillas: I find that it usually works best to wrap a small stack in a damp paper towel and warm for about 30 seconds in the microwave, flipping them over halfway through.
Working with one tortilla at a time, spread with about 2 tablespoons to 1/4 cup refried beans.
Roll up, starting at one side.
Cut in half and repeat to make the remaining roll ups.
Serve with salsa, sour cream, chopped tomatoes, and/or cheese on the side as desired.
- Store any leftover beans in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- You can use either corn or flour tortillas, though corn tortillas marked "soft" will hold together better.
- Warm the tortillas slightly before rolling up.
- Add salsa or sour cream for dipping.
- Cut into rounds if that makes them easier for your child to eat.
- Add mashed sweet potatoes to get a veggie in the mix.
- Season the beans with cumin and a little salt as needed to taste.
Serving: 1roll upCalories: 156kcalCarbohydrates: 23gProtein: 7gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 631mgPotassium: 51mgFiber: 4gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 107IUCalcium: 90mgIron: 2mg