Best Chocolate Smoothie (with Veggies!)
Be sure to blend this super smooth for the best texture. Use any or none of the optional ingredients. See the Notes for how to make this with regular milk.
- 1 cup chocolate milk
- 1 small banana (sliced and frozen; about 1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup baby kale (or baby spinach)
- 1/3 cup raw yellow squash or zucchini
- 2 tablespoons avocado
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter or sunflower seed butter (optional)
- 1 teaspoon hemp seeds (optional)
Measure out the ingredients.
Add to a blender.
Blend, starting on low and gradually increasing to high. Blend on high for about 30 seconds to make sure the mixture is very smooth.
- To make this with white milk, add 2 tablespoons cocoa powder and 1-2 teaspoons honey or maple syrup to taste if needed.
- Blend super smooth for the best texture.
- You can use diary or nondairy milk.
- Skip the avocado if you don't have it. (Frozen avocado works too.)
- Serve in an open cup, a reusable pouch, or in a small bowl with a spoon.
- Start with a small serving with kids still learning to like smoothies.
Calories: 190kcalCarbohydrates: 29gProtein: 6gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 83mgPotassium: 604mgFiber: 4gSugar: 20gVitamin A: 1340IUVitamin C: 25mgCalcium: 165mgIron: 1mg