Quick Teriyaki Shrimp with Zucchini and Rice
We like this with rice or rice noodles, but you can adjust how you serve it to fit your family!
- 1 pound frozen fully cooked shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 cups diced zucchini (about 2 medium)
- 1 garlic clove, grated (I use a microplane)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cups short grain brown rice
Prepare the rice according to package directions.
Thaw the shrimp according to the package directions.
Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the oil to warm. Add the zucchini and toss to coat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 6-8 minutes or until starting to soften.
Add the shrimp and cook for another 2-3 minutes to warm through.
Stir together the garlic, ginger powder, honey, and soy sauce in a small bowl. Stir into the zucchini and shrimp.
Serve over warm rice.
- Use reduced sodium-soy sauce to keep the sodium levels down.
- Use tamari instead of soy sauce to make this gluten-free.
- Trade in maple syrup instead of honey if desired or if you'll be sharing with kids under 12 months.
- Dice the foods smaller for younger toddlers to easily eat.
- Serve with rice, quinoa, couscous, rice noodles, or spaghetti.
- Top with crushed peanuts and a squeeze of lime juice.
- Parents may want to top their servings with hot sauce.
Calories: 512kcalCarbohydrates: 80gProtein: 31gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 286mgSodium: 1426mgPotassium: 661mgFiber: 4gSugar: 21gVitamin A: 248IUVitamin C: 27mgCalcium: 215mgIron: 5mg