Crispy Baked Chicken Tenders
These crispy Chicken Tenders are fast and versatile. To make these with panko breadcrumbs, use 1 cup and stir 1/4 teaspoon salt into the flour before you dredge the chicken.
- 6 cups white or yellow corn tortilla chips (or 1 cup panko breadcrumbs and 1/4 salt)
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour (or cup-for-cup gluten-free flour)
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and place a wire rack in a rimmed baking sheet. Coat the rack well with nonstick spray.
Add the tortilla chips to a food processor or blender and process into fine crumbs. You should have about 1 cup. Pour into a shallow dish or pie plate.
Break the eggs into another shallow dish and beat lightly.
Add the flour to a third shallow dish and sprinkle with salt.
Working with one tender at a time, dredge the chicken completely in the flour, egg, and then tortilla crumbs and place on the prepared rack. Continue to finish the rest of the chicken.
Bake for 14-15 minutes or until completely cooked through.
Serve warm or at room temperature with ketchup, Ranch, marinara sauce, or applesauce.
- Store any leftover chicken in the fridge in an airtight container. Serve cold or warm briefly in a 350 degree F oven or in the microwave for 15-30 seconds.
- Do bake them on a wire rack as instructed. This allows air to circulate underneath so the tops and the bottoms are perfectly crispy.
- Coat the chicken well through the flour, egg, and crumbs to ensure the best results.
- If using the tortilla chip option, be sure to totally crush them to create an even crumb.
- If using panko, add 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Serve as strips or cut into pieces according to what will work best for your child.
- Reheat in the oven to return the chicken to crispy, or pack in a lunch and enjoy chilled.
- Air Fryer: Coat the rack with nonstick spray. Prepare the chicken as directed in the recipe, then air-fry at 400 degrees F for 8 minutes, turning halfway through.
Calories: 414kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 103mg | Sodium: 351mg | Potassium: 431mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 104IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 113mg | Iron: 2mg