Eggnog French Toast Sticks
You can make this recipe ahead of time and warm up a few sticks for a quick breakfast on future days or make the whole batch as a family breakfast.
- 4 slices whole grain sandwich bread (or sourdough)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup egg nog (or milk plus 1 teaspoon cinnamon)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Cut each bread slice in half horizontally. Then into thirds to create small sticks.
Add the egg nog and egg to a wide, shallow bowl and mix together with a fork.
Dip the bread sticks into the batter, let excess drip off, then place onto prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 10 minutes. Flip over and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes. Serve warm with maple syrup, fresh fruit, or nut butter. Or try with Egg Nog Yogurt Dip!
- Egg Nog Yogurt Dip: Stir together 1/4 cup plain whole milk yogurt and 1-2 tablespoons egg nog. Drizzle over warm French Toast or serve on the side as a dipping sauce.
- To freeze: Let the French toast sticks cool and then place onto a baking sheet and freeze. When frozen, transfer to a freezer safe container. To reheat, microwave in 15 second increments until warmed through.
- Or, store cooled sticks in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Calories: 110kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 5gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 156mgPotassium: 96mgFiber: 1gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 125IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 112mgIron: 1mg