Make feeding your family easier this week with a kid-friendly meal plan the grown ups will want to eat too! I’ve got 7 kid-friendly dinner ideas, plus make-ahead breakfasts and snacks. It’s kid food that’s healthy and easy to make.
Family Meal Plan
With a holiday approaching at the end of this week, there’s likely to be a lot going on in your schedule so make things easier on yourself by picking out a few meals to make this week ahead of time. You don’t need to do the full meal plan, but even planning on one meal before 5 pm rolls around can be a total sanity saver!
Sunday: Breaded Pork Chops with Green Beans and Cornbread
Go with a classic for Sunday supper with this easy pork chops recipe. Add cornbread, bread, or muffins on the side to round things out.
Monday: Baked Brown Rice Risotto
Let the oven do the work and skip the stirring in this vegetarian main dish.
Tuesday: Slow Cooker Chicken and Bean Tacos
Veggies, beans, and chicken combines to make a flavorful filling for tacos. Let them kids eat them deconstructed if needed!
Wednesday: Easy Skillet Stuffed Peppers
This skillet dinner has all of the flavors of stuffed peppers without the work.
Thursday: Quick Teriyaki Shrimp with Noodles
Riff on a favorite takeout dish with this easy homemade teriyaki dinner. (You can use chicken or beef in place of the shrimp if desired.)
Give yourself a break! Hit up a favorite restaurant, enjoy leftovers, or find a local fish fry.
Saturday: Sheet-Pan Italian Sausage with Roasted Asparagus
Cook up some tender roasted asparagus to go with Italian sausage links. Simply place the sausage on a separate sheet pan and roast until cooked through (this is super quick if you use precooked links!) and serve with a side of baked potatoes or a grain.
Plus: Healthy Kids Breakfast Ideas
- Homemade Granola Bars: Add chocolate chips to the top of these to make them extra special this week!
- Mini Egg Muffins with Zucchini and Cheese: Get some veggies in first thing in these make-ahead muffins.
- Chia Pudding: I’ve been making this regularly and it’s so darn good…and perfect to mix up ahead of time.
Plus: Healthy Kids Snacks
- Carrot Apple Cookies: These are allergy-friendly so even kids who can’t do eggs or dairy can enjoy them.
- Instant Pot Hard-Cooked Eggs: Using the Instant Pot makes them so super easy to peel. (These would also be great for breakfast.)
- No-Bake Energy Balls: With only three natural ingredients, these are a satisfying snack.