Happy weekend friends! I hope that you enjoy a little downtime with the kids and that this family meal plan helps you get a little more organized for next week. You’ll find 7 kid-friendly dinner ideas, plus easy and healthy breakfast ideas and snacks. Pick one or do them all—use this post exactly how you see fit!
Family Meal Plan
This meal plan is filled with toddler-friendly recipes, most of which can be made ahead of time. I know firsthand just how much easier having a plan (even a rough one!) can be when 5 pm rolls around, so I hope this helps make your week feel a little more doable.
So simple and that roasted tomato sauce has such an amazing flavor (especially for tomatoes at this time of the year!). Pair it with meatballs, shrimp, or chicken if you’d like more protein.
Monday: DIY Chopped Salads with Rolls or Toast
It’s feeling like spring so we’ve been doing more dinner salads. Letting the kids pick from an assortment of salad ingredients is an easy way to make salads appropriate for the whole family.
Tuesday: Refried Bean Rollups
This is my solution for taco night when you have a toddler who can’t yet hold together a traditional taco. It’s still likely going to be messy, but much less so! We like to have these along with salsa for dipping, corn, and sometimes some shredded chicken.
I do love a skillet dinner and this one is flavorful without being fussy. I like to use Italian turkey sausage, the kind that’s already precooked, to make this come together super quickly.
Thursday: 30-Minute Black Bean Soup
This easy, veggie-packed soup has a hit of sweetness from orange juice—which gives it a definite appeal to kids. Try it with a side of plantain chips or corn muffins.
Friday: Coconut Rice with Peas
Add shrimp or baked fish on the side and keep this dinner super simple! (But super delish.)
Saturday: Personal Pizzas with Whole-Wheat Dough and Assorted Toppings
Let the kids decide what to put on their own pizzas and serve a simple side of fruit or fresh veggies such as sliced cucumbers or snap peas alongside.
Plus: Breakfast Ideas for Kids
- Simple Chocolate Smoothie with Hidden Veggies: Start the day with a cocoa-flavored smoothie that’s packed with the good stuff.
- Butternut Squash Oatmeal with Cranberries: With veggies and fruit, this is a healthy oatmeal to share with the whole family.
- Make-Ahead Egg Muffins with Bacon: These are great for breakfast or lunch and reheat in just a few seconds.
Plus: Healthy Snack Recipes
- Healthy Oatmeal Cookies with Apple and Carrot: Egg-free and easy to make, these are a healthy snack option that are also a treat!
- Easy Hummus with Carrots: Pack some produce into your next batch of hummus with this simple recipe.
- 3-Ingredient Crispy Rice Bars: With protein and complex carbs, this super simple recipe is a perfect weekday treat.
You can find lunch ideas here.
You can find all of my family meal plans here.