There are lots of times when the kids don’t eat. It can be a frustrating and confusing experience for us parents to navigate. We’re going to get into it all today with tips on what to do, some common pitfalls that can make it worse, and how to make this situation better if it happens regularly in your house.
You can download this episode from iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, TuneIn Radio, or wherever else you get your podcasts. or listen to it here! Then use this page to check out any links, notes, or tips we referenced.
Meet Jennifer Berry
Jenny is one of our go-to experts for feeding kids and she can be found through her site Thrive with Spectrum. We talked to her from her second home in Italy (she’s so lucky!) and she helped to shed light on:
- Why don’t kids eat dinner.
- Whether or not it’s normal for kids to refuse foods.
- How our assumptions about the “right” portion sizes can get in the way of whether we think our kids are eating well.
- What to do if a child doesn’t eat dinner, but asks for a snack right after.
- How distractions and the set up of meals can impact how kids eat.
- How to know if a child is eating enough.
It’s such a great conversation that we hope you’ll listen!
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK!
We’d love to hear your thoughts on this podcast episode, so please comment below or reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.