Bursting with fresh berries, this Strawberry Banana Bread is so easy to make for breakfasts and snacks. It stores well in the fridge for days, has a simple ingredient list, and is super moist. So good!
This post is sponsored by Nellie’s Free Range Eggs.
Strawberry Banana Bread
I love to have a homemade baked good on hand most weeks for easy breakfast, snacks, and picnics and this Strawberry Banana Bread has been a recent favorite. My one year old loves it! It’s easy to stir together, has so much fresh fruit flavor, and is super moist due to the combination of Nellie’s Free Range Eggs and ripe bananas.
I love using Nellie’s Free Range Eggs in this recipe. The eggs are produced on small free range farms and are Certified Humane, which is a third-party certification ensuring that the hens are raised with the highest standards of humane and kind treatment. It’s not easy to be a small farmer—especially not in my Midwestern area—so I truly appreciate companies who are committed to working with local families.
For the full recipe, click HERE.
Ingredients in Strawberry Banana Bread
To make this recipe, you’ll need:
- Nellie’s Free Range Unsalted Butter
- all purpose flour
- whole wheat flour
- baking powder
- Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
TIP: If desired, you can use ¼ cup butter (or 4 tablespoons) and ¼ cup whole milk yogurt.
How to Make Strawberry Banana Bread Step-by-Step
Here’s a look at the easy process involved in making this recipe. For the full recipe, click HERE.
- Preheat the oven and grease a loaf pan. Mash the banana and lightly beat the eggs.
- Stir together all of the ingredients except the strawberries. Gently stir in the strawberries.
- Add to the prepared loaf pan and spread gently with a spatula to even the top.
TIP: Very ripe bananas will work best in this recipe since they will have the best flavor and natural sweetness.
What goes well with this Strawberry Banana Bread?
We love having slices with a side of fruit and milk (or coffee for me!) for breakfast. I also sometimes serve slices with cheese, fruit, and sliced cucumbers for picnic lunches outside in our yard when I need a quick and easy option. You can top slices with butter, cream cheese, peanut butter, or any other favorite spread–or enjoy it plain.
TIP: I slice it into sticks or cubes for my little guy so it’s easy for him to pick up and eat.
Can I freeze this bread for later?
You can! Let it cool completely, then freeze slices in a single layer—use parchment between additional layers as needed so they don’t freeze together—in a zip top freezer bag. Remove as much air as possible. Or, simply store slices in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days and warm briefly or toast to serve.
Tips for Making the Best Strawberry Banana Bread
- Use very ripe bananas for the best flavor and natural sweetness.
- Dice the berries into small pieces so the bread is easy to slice after it’s baked.
- Let cool fully on a wire rack (or as fully as you can stand to wait!) before slicing to ensure it holds together well.
- Serve leftover slices from the fridge slightly warmed or toasted for the best texture.
- Top with butter, cream cheese, peanut butter, or any other favorite spread–or enjoy plain.
Thank you so much to Nellie’s Free Range Eggs for sponsoring this post!