We’ve had a lot of pumpkins and squash around the house lately—we are lucky that we live next door to a farmer—so I’ve been trying to use them up in new ways. This recipe, which is a version of this one, has become a new favorite. I like to eat them as pre-workout snacks, the little one likes them topped with cream cheese as dessert.
Flourless Pumpkin Almond Butter Mini Muffins
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 14 mins
Total time: 24 mins
Yield: 24 min muffins
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup flour (gluten-free or whole-wheat)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a mini muffin tin.In a high-speed blender or food processor, combine the eggs, almond butter, maple syrup, pumpkin puree, butter, and vanilla.
- Puree for 30 seconds until smooth and creamy.Add the flour, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and sea salt. Blend again for 30 seconds until well combined. Spoon batter into muffin tins. Bake 14 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.Allow to cool in tin. Store tightly wrapped in the refrigerator.
Use pureed butternut squash instead of pumpkin.
Add 1/4 cup raisins or chocolate chips to the batter.