These Easter Basket Ideas for Toddlers include non-candy ideas, fun treats, and some ideas for seasonal things they might really need—and want! So get ready to help out the Easter bunny with some of the best ideas for Easter baskets, for both toddlers and babies.
Easter Basket Ideas for Toddlers
When I was a kid, I always looked forward to white chocolate in my Easter basket and our family egg hunt around the house with plastic eggs filled with coins. We don’t quite have the same traditions as I did when I was growing up (though we are planning to do an egg hunt this year!) but we definitely do Easter baskets.
I love thinking about Easter treats that are surprising, fun, and also some that are things that the kids actually might need. These Easter basket ideas for toddlers span that range and should give you some inspiration for filling up that basket with things the kids will love.
Fun Easter Basket Ideas: for Toddlers
Here are some of my favorite items to put into an Easter basket for a toddler. We like to do a mix of activities, creative supplies, and treats. But overall, we try to keep it both fun and simple.
- SUNGLASSES: They’re so easy to lose, so it’s always good to have backups!
- SWIMSUIT: To get ready for the summer!
- BUBBLES: Because you surely need a new stash for spring and summer.
- SIDEWALK CHALK : To get ready for outdoor play.
- PLAYDOUGH: To refresh your supply and offer a simple activity whenever you might need it.
- GLITTER GLUE: For sparkly fun.
- LEGOS: Either Duplos or regular ones for older kids.
- SPRING SHOES: Like Flip flops or Crocs
- SMALL BOOKS: We love this Duck and Goose Easter book!
- TODDLER GARDEN TOOLS: We just got these and they are awesome since they are all one piece and therefore can’t break in half!)
- ACTIVITY BOOKS: Like the Melissa and Doug Water Wow books or sticker books.
- WATER BOTTLE: We love our seriously durable Kleen Kanteen.
- SEEDS: To start and plant in a spring garden.
- TEMP TATOOS: We love the veggie ones from Tater Tats.
- TREATS: Think Annie’s Bunny Treats, fruit leather, dried fruit, or any little sweet your toddler loves.
Fun Easter Basket Ideas: for Babies
Older babies will have some fun opening their Easter baskets when they’re filled with fun and simple goodies. These are some of my favorite items for baby Easter baskets.
- SUNGLASSES: And maybe a hat to make sure you’re ready for the warmer weather.
- SWIMSUIT: Or colorful swim diapers?
- SMALL RIP-RESISTANT BOOKS: For endless entertainment.
- BATH TOYS: It’s always fun to have new ones.
- BATH BUBBLES: Because they always make bath time more fun!
- LOTION: We adore this lavender lotion from Tubby Todd.
- BABY INSTRUMENTS: We have these and they are so easy for a baby to hold and are so fun!
- REUSABLE POUCH: We’re obsessed with our Squeasy Gear for smoothies and yogurt.
- MESH FEEDER: To help them explore more foods!
- STRAW CUP: We love this cup for helping babies learn to use a straw cup.
- NEW BIB: And one with sleeves to keep more of the mess contained!
Easter Basket Filler and Stuffer Ideas
If you’re looking for even more ideas to round out the Easter basket this year, here are some other general ideas to help you help out the Easter bunny!
- Plastic eggs filled with little figurines
- Little Golden books
- Craft paint, paint brush, craft paper
- Small puzzles
- Post-It notes
- Markers, crayons, highlighters
- Seeds for the garden
What do you guys put into your toddler’s Easter baskets? I’d love to hear in the comments!