These Easter Basket Ideas for toddlers include non-candy ideas, fun treats, and some ideas for seasonal things they might really need—and want. So get ready to help out the Easter bunny with some of the best Easter basket ideas, for toddlers, babies, and big kids!
Easter Basket Ideas for Toddlers
When I was a kid, I always looked forward to white chocolate in my Easter basket and our family egg hunt around the house with plastic eggs filled with coins. We don’t quite have the same traditions as I did when I was growing up (though we are planning to do an egg hunt this year!) but we definitely do Easter baskets.
I love thinking about Easter treats that are surprising, fun, and also some that are things that the kids actually might need. These Easter basket ideas span that range and should give you some inspiration for filling up that basket with things the kids will love.
Fun Easter Basket Ideas: for Toddlers
Here are some of my favorite Easter basket stuffers for boys and girls. We like to do a mix of activities, creative supplies, and treats. But overall, we try to keep it both fun and simple.
- SUNGLASSES: They’re so easy to lose, so it’s always good to have backups!
- SWIMSUIT: To get ready for the summer.
- BUBBLES: Because you surely need a new stash for spring and summer. We like these no-spill ones best.
- SIDEWALK CHALK : To get ready for outdoor play.
- PLAYDOUGH: To refresh your supply and offer a simple activity whenever you might need it.
- GLITTER GLUE: For sparkly fun.
- DUPLOS: A small set is perfect for a basket.
- SPRING SHOES: Like flip flops or Crocs
- SMALL BOOKS: We love this Duck and Goose Easter book!
- TODDLER GARDEN TOOLS: We just got these and they are awesome since they are all one piece and therefore can’t break in half!).
- ACTIVITY BOOKS: Like the Melissa and Doug Water Wow books or sticker books.
- BALLS! My little one is totally obsessed with balls, so they’ll feature prominently in his first Easter basket.
- WATER BOTTLE: We love our seriously durable Kleen Kanteen.
- SEEDS: To start and plant in a spring garden.
- TEMP TATOOS: We love the veggie ones from Tater Tats.
- TREATS: Think Annie’s Bunny Treats, fruit leather, dried fruit, or any little sweet your toddler loves.
Fun Easter Basket Ideas: for Babies
Older babies will have some fun opening their Easter baskets when they’re filled with fun and simple goodies. These are some of my favorite items for baby Easter baskets.
- SUNGLASSES: And maybe a hat to make sure you’re ready for the warmer weather.
- SWIMSUIT: Or colorful swim diapers?
- SMALL RIP-RESISTANT BOOKS: For endless entertainment.
- BATH TOYS: It’s always fun to have new ones.
- BATH BUBBLES: Because they always make bath time more fun!
- LOTION: We adore this lavender lotion from Tubby Todd.
- BABY INSTRUMENTS: We have these and they are so easy for a baby to hold and are so fun!
- REUSABLE POUCH: We’re obsessed with our Squeasy Gear for smoothies and yogurt.
- MESH FEEDER: To help them explore more foods!
- STRAW CUP: We love this cup for helping babies learn to use a straw cup.
- NEW BIB: And one with sleeves to keep more of the mess contained!
Easter Ideas for Kids
For kids a little older, here are a few more ideas for both boys and girls.
- KIDS COOKING TOOLS: Help inspire the kids to love food with tools sized to fit their hands.
- NON-TOXIC NAIL POLISH: Choose a bottle in their favorite color!
- SUNHAT: We have this one and that neck coverage is so handy when outside for long periods of time.
- COMIC BOOK KIT: Get those stories out of their heads and onto a fun book.
- NATURAL CHOCOLATE CANDIES: These Unreal chocolates are delish.
- FRUIT LEATHER: Stock up on a favorite snack.
- DIVING RINGS: For all of the water fun you’ll have this summer.
- WATER SHOES: A great time to get a new pair for the beach or lake (since surely last year’s are too small by now)!
- RASH GUARD: We love these in the summer since they mean less sunscreen and more sun protection.
Easter Basket Filler and Stuffer Ideas
If you’re looking for even more ideas to round out the Easter basket this year, here are some other general ideas to help you help out the Easter bunny!
- Plastic eggs filled with little figurines
- Little Golden books
- Craft paint, paint brush, craft paper
- Small puzzles
- Post-It notes
- Markers, crayons, highlighters
- Seeds for the garden
TIP: Find my go-to craft supplies for kids here, which has a lot of ideas that are perfect for baskets!
What do you guys put into your kid’s Easter baskets? I’d love to hear in the comments!