Find go-to slow cooker recipes for kids and parents with this master list of over 40 easy recipes. Included you’ll find kid-friendly chicken dishes, soups and stews, crockpot chili, easy vegetarian recipes for the slow cooker and much more…chosen with your picky eaters in mind!
Slow Cooker Recipes for Kids
The crock pot can be such a lifesaver when trying to feed a busy family with its whole set-it-and-forget-it capabilities. It’s such an amazing feeling to have dinner ready and waiting at the end of the day! But, and this is often a big but, so many little kids don’t like foods all mixed together so cooking family meals in a slow cooker can feel impossible.
Which is where this list comes in! I can’t guarantee that your kids will eat everything on this list (I wish!), but I do hope that some of these meals will fly with your little people. I tried to cover a range of recipes to please your family, regardless of their preferences. Here’s to easy cooking!
Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos: The sauce in these tacos has lots of veggies blended right in!
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken: Try this with a side of store-bought naan and warmed frozen peas
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice: Super tender shredded chicken is easy for even younger toddlers to chew. (And it has such good flavor!)
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken: Like takeout, only much healthier!
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala: Serve with some rice or couscous, chopped cucumbers, and a side of yogurt.
- Whole Roasted Chicken in the Crockpot: This easy method is one of the best I’ve found for easily cooking a whole chicken!
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken: Natural sweetness from the orange adds such nice flavor here.
- Slow Cooker Italian Chicken and Broccoli Bowls: Add a little crushed red pepper for the adults!
- Crockpot Chicken and Mushrooms: If you have a mushroom lover, you have to try this easy dinner.
- Slow Cooker Chicken Breast: Make these to go with a few simple sides or to have on hand for packing lunches. So moist and tender!
Whether for game day, a hearty meal on a chilly weekend, or just an easy weeknight supper, these slow cooker chili recipes are easy to make and serve up. I love to put out bowls of toppings so the kids can choose which ones they want. Things like shredded cheese, diced avocado, sour cream, and diced tomatoes are great chili toppings.
- Big Batch Vegetarian Chili: One batch becomes two meals for your family!
- Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili: With less going on visually, this white chili may be an easier sell with the kids.
- Slow Cooker Chili: Try this classic chili the next time you want healthy comfort food.
- Sweet Potato Chili: Adding sweet potato to chili adds natural sweetness that pairs really nicely with Mexican spices.
- Slow Cooker Chicken Chili: Just 6 ingredients and a load of protein make this dish a family favorite.
Slow Cooker Soups and Stews
I love using a slow cooker to make soups and stews since you don’t need to stand by the pot while the soup simmers and the flavors have plenty of time to meld and mix. These are some of the ones that my family loves, and hopefully yours will too.
- Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup: Easy method and loaded with nutrition, this easy black bean soup is a winter staple in our house.
- Slow Cooker Vegan Lentil Chili: Lentils are a great source of iron and plant-based protein, and are so easy to cook into a yummy chili.
- Slow Cooker Vegetable Bean Soup: Serve this with some cheese and crackers and call it good!
- Carrot Ginger Soup: If anyone starts coming down with a cold, this vitamin-packed soup is sure to help.
- Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheddar Soup: Add some crackers on the side for dipping!
Vegetarian Slow Cooker Recipes for Kids
Transform inexpensive pantry staples like beans, pasta, and grains into simple family meals that will hit the spot come dinner time. I’ve also included a few sides here to help round things out!
- Vegetarian Black Bean Soup: A hit of citrus adds flavor and nutrition to this simple black bean soup.
- Crock Pot Sweet Potatoes: Whether to serve as a dinner side or baby food, this is a super easy way to cook sweet potatoes.
- Crockpot Applesauce: Transform a few apples into homemade applesauce with hardly any work on your part.
- Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce: Fresh tomatoes make the best sauce and this method makes it easy.
- Homemade Refried Beans: Skip the canned version and try these easy refried beans at home.
- Slow Cooker Black Beans: You can make dried beans into tender, perfectly seasoned black beans for tacos.
- Slow Cooker Veggie Burrito Bowls: This is an easy take on taco night that everyone at the table will enjoy.
- Butternut Squash Curry: Serve over rice or rice noodles for an easy family dinner.
- Crockpot Lentil Soup: I love the veggies in this easy soup—and my kids prefer this blended into a smooth puree.
- Slow Cooker Chickpea Tikka Masala: P.S. You could totally skip most of the spices here and still have a flavorful chickpea dish to spoon over rice!
Slow Cooker Pasta Recipes for Kids
There’s nothing too inherently difficult about boiling water and making pasta…except if you have little kids running around underfoot and demanding your attention! These crock pot meals deliver on flavor, texture and ease of preparation.
- Slow Cooker Chicken Pesto Pasta: This one-pot meal is perfect for busy weeknights.
- Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese: This mac and cheese is just as easy as the kind from a box!
- Slow Cooker Ravioli Lasagna: If you love lasagna, but not the work involved in making it, you must try this!
- Slow Cooker Minestrone: Healthy comfort food, coming right up! You can serve this soup without much broth for younger eaters.
- Slow Cooker Baked Ziti: A great option if your kids like baked pasta dishes!
Slow Cooker Turkey, Pork and Beef
Transform turkey, pork, and beef into the base of dinner with this super easy ideas. Each can be served with simple sides so you can customize them for the eaters at your table.
- Slow Cooker Veggie and Beef Burritos: A load of veggies in the mix mix make these flavorful and nutritious.
- Slow Cooker Asian Pulled Pork Tacos: Tender pork is easy for little kids to eat if finely shredded or chopped.
- Slow Cooker Steak Fajitas: Use store bought pico de gallo to make this even easier.
- Crockpot Carnitas: Serve with tortillas and taco toppings for an easy family meal.
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Pork Chops: Change up how you make pork chops for this easy method that delivers perfectly tender ones.
- Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes: Serve with rolls and fruit for a crowd-pleasing supper.
- Slow Cooker Meatballs: Pile over pasta and dinner is done!
- Braised Beef Ragu: Try over rounds of fully cooked polenta from the store, or a favorite pasta or grain.
- Slow Cooker Baked Beans: Pair with hot dogs for an easy and kid-friendly dinner.
- Slow Cooker Pork Roast: Bonus points to the super tender veggies that will be perfect for an older baby or 1 year old!
Best Slow Cooker for Families
For years, I relied on my basic Hamilton Beach 6-Quart Slow Cooker. It was reliable and consistent and I totally recommend it—especially since it’s less than $40! Lately though, as I’ve been using my Instant Pot more, I’ve been using its slow cooker function which is just as great. I recommend both options!
Do you have a favorite slow cooker for kids recipe that you love and I missed? Please add it in the comments—I’d love to know!