Cooking in an Instant Pot can be a challenge for kids who don’t love their food all mixed together, but these easy Instant Pot recipes are PERFECT for kids…even those with strong opinions about what they do and don’t eat!
Easy Instant Pot Recipes
I love having a handful of really great Instant Pot recipes to turn to for busy weeknight meals that deliver on nutrition, flavor, and appeal to everyone in the family. And while it’s hard to find a recipe that everyone likes, these 10 healthy Instant Pot recipes are perfect for families.
So even if you just pick one to try, that’s one more easy family dinner than you had before!
We love to use this tender shredded chicken (which takes just two ingredients!) in sandwiches, though you could also serve it over a grain or with buttered noodles. Add a simple veggie on the side and dinner is ready!
My husband and I love this dish as a burrito bowl and my girls love it as quesadilla filling. Both ways are easy and delicious.
I’ve made this recipe twice recently and it’s so easy and fast—especially if you use precut veggies from the store. (P.S. We love the leftovers over rice!)
Stir some frozen peas or steamed broccoli into this finished mac and cheese and a healthy family dinner is ready to serve.
Transform inexpensive dried beans into super tender and flavorful taco beans—or beans for burritos, grain bowls, or refried beans—with this super simple method. It’s almost as easy as opening a can of beans from the store!
These flavors might be new for the kids, but pair this with some pita bread, plain yogurt, and sliced cucumbers, and everyone is sure to be happy! (It also works as an easy freezer meal.) Recipe via Pinch of Yum
I love this recipe so much we have it at least once a month with rice, an easy veggie and a side of naan or pita. It’s great because it’s flavorful and easy, but the chicken is also super moist and easy for little kids to chew.
Put out an assortment of toppings and let everyone customize their own bowl! Recipe via Bless this Mess
This veggie-loaded sauce is just flavorful enough to be yummy for parents, but not too much to overwhelm the kids. It’s an easy vegetarian meal to share with the family.
I still can’t believe that it’s possible to cook this whole meal in the Instant Pot, but it’s just so good! (And easy, which is key come 5:30 pm.)
Recipe via The Kitchn
The IP version of my Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup is easy, delish, and perfect healthy comfort food. This is one bean soup that my girls adore! (My son is still learning to like it, but I’m hopeful!)
Instant Pot Black Bean Burrito Bowls
Serve as burrito bowls with rice and assorted taco toppings and call it good! (See the recipe below.)
What’s your family’s favorite instant pot meal? I’d love to know if you can drop it into the comments below!
10 Easy Instant Pot Recipes for Families
- 1 pound dried black beans
- 1 tablespoon dried cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fully cooked rice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded lettuce or cabbage
- Guacamole, salsa, sour cream, hot sauce, optional
- Add the beans, garlic, cumin, and chili powder to the Instant Pot. Add 8 cups of water to an Instant Pot. Cook on high for 45 minutes and let the pressure naturally release. Remove the lid and stir in the salt.
- Serve with the rice, cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, and optional toppings in bowls.
- This recipe makes enough beans for 2-3 meals depending on the size and appetites of your family. I freeze the leftover beans in meal-size portions until we’re ready to enjoy them.
- To store beans: Let the beans cool and portion into airtight containers, freezer containers, or freezer storage bags. Store in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw from frozen overnight in the fridge or at room temperature. I recommend freezing in portions that work for one meal for your family. I usually freeze 2 cup portions.
- Set the toppings out and let everyone decide what to add to their own bowl.
- Use the beans in tacos or quesadillas as desired.
- Instant Pot Spaghetti
- Instant Pot Channa Masala
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- Instant Pot Butter Chicken
- Moroccan Spiced Chickpeas
- Perfect Instant Pot Pinto Beans
- Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
- Instant Pot Chicken and Bean Tacos
- Turkey Chili in the Instant Pot
- Chicken and Rice Burrito Bowls
- Instant Pot BBQ Chicken