It’s always fun to find a veggie recipe that the kids (and adults) all enjoy. With just 5 minutes of prep and a quick cooking time, you can make perfectly roasted zucchini for lunch prep or an easy side dish for family dinner. Bonus: The veggies are soft enough for babies and younger toddlers to enjoy as a finger food too!
While zucchini is typically thought of as a summer veggie—and rightfully so as that’s when we tend to have those baseball bat-sized ones from the garden!—it’s also a wonderful side dish to serve up for any family dinner. Plus, it cooks so quickly! This Roasted Zucchini cooks in about 10 minutes and even gets a little sweet as it roasts. You can serve it as is or topped with a little Parmesan cheese—it’s easy and delish.
How to Cut Zucchini
Here’s a really easy method to cut zucchini for this recipe.
- Cut the ends off of each zucchini.
- Slice each in half lengthwise.
- Slice each half in half to make four long spears.
- Cut across horizontally to make a small dice.
TIP: You can also cut your zucchini into rounds for this recipe, though I find that they are a little less likely to stick to the pan when in the shape described above and shown below.
How to Make Roasted Zucchini Step-by-Step
Here’s a summary of the steps involved in making this easy zucchini.
TIP: You can season to taste with salt and grated Parmesan, or even shredded cheese if desired. I like to make it without salt to start so that I can remove some for younger eaters who don’t need much added salt in their diets.
Tips for Making the Best Roasted Zucchini
- Serve leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- You can serve this warm or pack in a lunch to be eaten chilled or at room temperature.
- You can add these to an adult salad.
- Try them in my Chicken and Sweet Potato Bowls.
- Add a handful of unsalted leftovers to a smoothie to add nutrition (you can’t even taste it, I promise!)
I’d love to hear your feedback on this recipe if you try it, so please comment below to share!Print
Try this easy side dish for family dinner, or make a batch ahead and use it to add an easy veggie to lunches throughout the week.
- 3 small zucchini or 2 medium
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Cut the ends off of each zucchini. Cut in half lengthwise. Cut each half in half lengthwise again. Cut across the long pieces to make a small dice.
- Place diced zucchini onto the sheet pan and toss with olive oil.
- Roast for about 10 minutes or until soft when poked with a fork.
- Remove from oven and salt to taste as desired.https://www.yummytoddlerfood.com/toddler-smoothies-with-hidden-veggies/
Serve leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. You can serve this warm or pack in a lunch to be eaten chilled or at room temperature.
You can add these to an adult salad.
This is a great addition to my Chicken and Sweet Potato Bowls.
Add a handful of unsalted leftovers to a smoothie to add nutrition.
Keywords: roasted zucchini