Made with just three simple ingredients, these nutritious Cottage Cheese Pancakes are a healthy breakfast for kids you make in under 10 minutes!
Cottage Cheese Pancakes
I love making quick and nutritious breakfasts that my kids will actually eat and these Cottage Cheese Pancakes have been in regular rotation lately. Everyone at my table enjoys them, they have whole grains, healthy fats, and protein, and the batter comes together so quickly in the blender!
TIP: These are a wonderful baby pancake as they have a very tender texture and are free from added sugar.
To make this recipe you’ll need:
- Rolled oats
- Cottage cheese
- Optional cinnamon and toppings such as applesauce, maple syrup, jam, or butter.
TIP: To make this recipe gluten-free, simply choose certified gluten-free rolled oats.
What kind of cottage cheese is best in these pancakes?
If you can find it, 4% cottage cheese is really delicious in this recipe. 2% works well too. I would advise against using nonfat cottage cheese as the flavor and texture won’t be as good.
Here’s a look at the very simple process involved in making this recipe. Scroll down to the bottom of the post for the full recipe.
- Add the ingredients to a blender
- Cook in a warmed nonstick or cast iron skillet.
- Flip over to finish cooking.
TIP: I prefer to cook my pancakes in butter as I prefer the flavor but you could also use a neutral oil.
Tips for Making the Best Cottage Cheese Pancakes
- To make these gluten-free, use certified gluten-free rolled oats.
- Use 2% or 4% fat cottage cheese for the best flavor and texture.
- Try using ricotta cheese instead of cottage cheese for another variation.
- Serve topped with applesauce, apple butter, jam, or maple syrup—or warmed frozen fruit like blueberries.
- Make the pancakes small to medium in size so they’re easy to flip over.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Warm briefly before serving.
I’d love to hear what your family thinks of these if you try them, so please comment below to share!Print
Double the ingredients to make a larger batch to feed a family of four as this recipe is on the smaller side.
- Add the cottage cheese, rolled oats, eggs, and cinnamon (if using), to a blender.
- Blend on high until super smooth.
- Warm a nonstick or cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add half of the butter and let melt.
- Add a small amount of the batter at a time, spreading thinly and cook for about 3 minutes per side. You want to see little bubbles and for the top to be mostly set before you flip each over to ensure they are cooked through.
- Melt the remaining butter and repeat to cook the remaining batter. Serve warm with desired toppings.⠀⠀
Keywords: cottage cheese pancakes, protein pancakes, healthy pancakes