If you’re looking for a fun AND easy breakfast for the littles come Halloween, you have to check out these super silly donuts. They’re flourless, nut-free, and best of all, full of cocoa flavor! (Actually, in my book, the easy factor in these might be the best part but I’ll let you decide!)
Share a batch of flourless chocolate baked donuts for breakfast, snack time or dessert. They’re easy enough that the kids can help make the batter!
- ½ cup nut butter (like almond, peanut or sunbutter)
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Cream cheese and mini chocolate chips, optional
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a standard size donut pan.
- Place all ingredients into a blender. Blend until very smooth. Fill donut cups about 3/4 full. Bake 14-16 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out cleanly. (You can also use a mini muffin pan.)
- Let cool for a few minutes and use a paring knife to carefully coerce the donuts out of the pan. Let cool fully on a wire rack.
- To make eyes, create small cream cheese balls, flatten, and place onto donut. Top each with a mini chocolate chip.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.