Start Halloween off on a fun note with these easy (and healthy!) Halloween breakfast ideas. Each is a doable idea that you can make ahead of time or in minutes to share with the kids. The ultimate option? Halloween Toast!
Halloween Breakfasts Ideas
I love to make a special breakfast to start Halloween, but I try to also make it nourishing and easy for me to pull off since there is always a lot going on. These ideas are favorites in our house and are fun options for halloween breakfast.
Many of these can also be made a head of time to spare you from having to bake at 6 am on a weekday morning!
My goal on any holiday is to have fun with the kids and also not spend the entire day in the kitchen. And to not make things harder on myself than is needed with elaborate goals or plans.
These easy recipes fit the bill for fun and easy, and they’re also a great way to fill little tummies before what will surely be an exciting day.
TIP: All of these are appropriate for younger kids, though you may need to adjust how something is served based on the age and chewing ability of your child.
Easy Spooky Breakfasts
If you’re looking for something green, that uses pumpkin, or that’s just a fun morning meal to share on Halloween, these recipes are great ideas to make for or with the kids.
1. Halloween Toast
This takes just a few minutes and has been a staple in our house for years. They don’t always turn out perfectly, but that’s part of the fun!
2. Chocolate Pumpkin Smoothie
This is a great way to use up a little amount of pumpkin puree leftover from baking and is seriously delicious (and filling).
3. Green Smoothie
Call it a “monster smoothie” or whatever silly name you want and serve it up for Halloween breakfast.
4. Spinach Muffins
This green color is perfectly fun for Halloween week (whether for breakfast or snack). You could even add some chocolate chip eyes on top!
5. Pumpkin Donuts
A baking pan and an easy batter make this breakfast recipe a fun one to share with the kids.
6. Apple Donuts
Think apple cider donuts right at home and in about 20 minutes and you have this deliciousness!
7. Healthy Pumpkin Muffins
With a batter that’s loaded with protein, these fluffy little muffins are a satisfying start to the day.
8. Mini Pumpkin Muffins
With whole grains, chocolate chips, and pure pumpkin pie flavor, these are an easy way to serve up a fun and nutritious breakfast for the kids.
9. Chocolate Protein Muffins
With greens and zucchini right in the mix, these blender muffins taste like a brownie…and pack loads of nutrients too!
10. Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins
With a texture and flavor similar to store bought Little Bites, these are a favorite kids breakfast for Halloween and any day!
11. Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins
With an easy method of using the blender, this is a convenient way to serve oatmeal for breakfast.
12. Spooky Spider Energy Bites
Make any energy bite recipe more fun with pretzel legs and raisin eyes.
13. Sweet Potato Waffles
Veggies for breakfast is always a win, especially when they’re in waffle form.
I’d love to hear if you try any of these ideas. Please comment below to share—I always love to hear your feedback!
Halloween Breakfast Ideas (Green Zombie Smoothie)
- 1 cup unsweetened nondairy milk (or other favorite milk)
- 1 cup frozen banana slices
- ½ cup frozen mango (or pineapple)
- 1 cup loosely packed baby spinach (or kale)
- 2 tablespoons Protein Powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (or almond butter, optional)
- Place all ingredients into blender and blend on high for 1 minute or until all the ingredients are combined and smooth.
- Serve immediately.
- Use frozen mango cubes instead of banana if needed for an allergy or preference.
- Use any milk you like, though I find that nondairy plant milks lend the best consistency to smoothies.
- Use spinach or kale and consider freezing the spinach to cut down on the “green” flavor.
- Add 1 tablespoon hemp seeds, 1 tablespoon nut or seed butter, or ¼ cup Greek yogurt for extra healthy fats and protein.
- Blend really, really well.
- Serve in a small open cup, a straw cup, or a reusable pouch.
- Freeze into popsicle molds if you have leftovers or want a fun option.
This post was first published October 2019.
Thank you for sharing this wonderful blog, it is about recipes breakfast happy halloween toast ideas,it is very nice blog and its easy to read and understand.