Make quick work of feeding the kids with these fun and yummy Halloween Dinner Ideas. These quick meals will fuel the kids for the festivities to come!
Halloween Dinner Ideas
I know that there is a lot of pressure on us parents to make every holiday meal an artistic creation or to go all out in all of the ways. But honestly? You don’t have to if you don’t want to or if it’s just too much. It’s possible to have fun, filling meals that are easy to make and that help fill those tummies before heading out for spooky fun.
This recipe collection is meant to give you some easy ideas for Halloween that are quick and nourishing.
Some are sort of themed (like green food or things that use pumpkin or squash) and some are just favorite go-to easy meals.
Add a simple side of cut up fruit, applesauce, cheese, or crackers and call it good!
Tips to Keep it Easy
- You can make almost all of these ahead of time and just warm them up as needed.
- These all work for lunch too.
- You may need to eat dinner early, so a slow cooker option might be a great idea to help you pull that off.
- Don’t worry if the kids don’t eat perfectly or every food group on any given day (and especially on holidays). They’re excited and likely distracted by other things!
And now for the recipes…
1. Pumpkin Quesadilla
These are fun and so fast to make. (They work for lunch too of course!)
2. Sweet Potato Quesadilla
We love this mix of flavors and it’s an easy way to offer up veggies in a familiar format.
3. Bean and Cheese Quesadillas
Use canned beans to make this meal lightning fast.
4. Egg and Cheese Mini Muffins
This is an easy recipe to make ahead of time (with almost any veggie you like) and then warm up for the kids with some toast or crackers.
5. Breakfast Burritos
Wrap scrambled eggs and beans in a tortilla with cheese and serve with salsa for an easy, but satisfying kids meal.
6. Avocado Pasta
Mix up this super simple avocado sauce and toss with your pasta of choice. The green color is fun for Halloween too!
7. Sweet Potato Mac and Cheese
With a creamy texture and veggies right in the mix, this is an easy Halloween dinner (that lets you use up purees if needed).
8. Sausage Broccoli Pasta
Just 4 ingredients make this easy pasta meal sing. We love it for any night of the week, but especially busy ones.
9. Snack Dinner
Cheese, crackers, bread, some fruit, and veggies—or whichever leftovers you have—turn snacks into a fun meal. This is a great option for sharing a cheese plate with kids and calling it dinner.
10. Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup
Throw the ingredients into the slow cooker in the morning and dinner will be ready and waiting when you are.
11. Alphabet Soup
Pair ABC pasta with frozen veggies and broth in this super simple (and yummy) soup. You can even customize it by using only the veggies that the kids like.
12. Spinach Eggs
A fun color for the holiday and nutritious? Yes!
13. Pumpkin Muffins
Make a batch of muffins, pair it with fruit or a smoothie, and you have an easy meal ready to go.
14. Spinach Muffins
Call them “monster muffins” or any fun name you like and serve them up for a festive (and easy) kids meal with fruit and milk.
15. Chocolate Protein Muffins
These blender muffins have veggies right in the mix, but taste like brownies. How’s that for a fun meal?!
16. Cottage Cheese Pancakes
With just a few ingredients, these protein-packed pancakes are a favorite easy breakfast-for-dinner idea.
17. Broccoli Mac and Cheese
With an easy method that uses just one pan, this is a comforting pasta dish to share with the kids.
Best Tips for Success
- Keep expectations low for intake as the kids may be more excited about Halloween than they are interested in eating much. (Or could be the opposite!)
- Review tips for toddlers and candy year-by-year for Halloween.
- Offer a drink with dinner to ensure the kids are hydrated.
I’d love to hear your feedback on any of these, so please comment to share—and also chime in about your go-to Halloween dinners!
This post was first published September 2020.