Have fun with Halloween dinner in just a few minutes—and get the kids fed before the festivities—with this easy pumpkin quesadilla. You can cut out the jack-o-lantern however you like and have this easy kids meal ready in minutes!
Whenever a holiday comes around, I feel like the internet explodes with ideas that always look a little too complicated for me. With three kids usually in close proximity, I’m more of the “give me the easiest thing possible!” mentality.
Which brings me to: Halloween quesadillas!
These are a fun Halloween dinner (or lunch!), they take just a few minutes to make, and they’re super versatile.
I even sometimes like to add a thin layer of actual pumpkin to add in some flavor and veggies.
Ingredients You Need
To make this recipe you’ll need:
TIP: Tortillas labeled “soft” will work best here as they are easy to cut and also easy for the kids to chew.
Place one tortilla onto a cutting board. Use a small knife to cut out a jack-o-lantern shape.
Place tortilla into a pan set over medium heat. Top with the cut out tortilla and press down slightly. Cover and cook.
When the cheese is melted, it’s ready!
TIP: I don’t flip it over since I don’t want the cheese to melt into the pan, but instead just press the tortillas together with light pressure.
Other Halloween Dinners You May Like
- Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese
- Broccoli Mac and Cheese
- Sheet Pan Black Bean Quesadillas
- Avocado Pasta
- Cottage Cheese Pancakes
Best Tips for Success
- Tortillas labeled “soft” are easiest to cut and easiest for little kids to chew.
- Spread on a thin layer of pumpkin or sweet potato puree to add flavor and veggies.
- Cut up and serve with salsa or guacamole if desired.
- Add some beans or shredded chicken if you’d like.
- Let the kids help make them!
- You may also like Halloween Breakfasts, Easy Halloween Treats, Baked Pumpkin Donuts, and Spinach Quesadillas.
I’d love to hear your feedback on this recipe if you try it, so please comment below to share!
5-Minute Halloween Dinner: Pumpkin Quesadilla
- 4 small whole wheat tortillas (look for "soft" on the label)
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree (or sweet potato puree; optional but recommended)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salsa, sour cream, and/or guacamole as desired
- Place two tortillas onto a cutting board. Use a small knife to cut out a face to look like a jack-o-lantern. (Discard the scraps.)
- Place the remaining two tortillas on a clean surface. Spread on the pumpkin puree, cumin, and cheese, spreading evenly about to the edge. Top with the cut out tortillas.
- Place the quesadillas into a nonstick pan set over medium heat. (You'll likely need to do one at a time.) Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until the cheese is melty and the tortillas are warm. Press the top tortilla down a little to make sure it's secure on the cheese.
- Serve warm, cut into pieces as needed, with salsa, sour cream, and/or guacamole as desired.