Have fun with Halloween dinner in just a few minutes—and get the kids fed before the festivities—with this easy pumpkin quesadilla. You can cut out the jack-o-lantern however you like and have this easy kids meal ready in minutes!
Whenever a holiday comes around, I feel like the internet explodes with ideas that always look a little too complicated for me. With three kids usually in close proximity, I’m more of the “give me the easiest thing possible!” mentality.
Which brings me to: Halloween quesadillas!
These are a fun Halloween dinner (or lunch!), they take just a few minutes to make, and they’re super versatile.
I even sometimes like to add a thin layer of actual pumpkin to add in some flavor and veggies.
Ingredients You Need
To make this recipe you’ll need:
- Shredded cheese
- Pumpkin puree (optional)
TIP: Tortillas labeled “soft” will work best here as they are easy to cut and also easy for the kids to chew.
Place one tortilla onto a cutting board. Use a small knife to cut out a jack-o-lantern shape.
Spread on a thin layer of pumpkin puree (or sweet potato puree) if using. Sprinkle with cumin and top with shredded cheese.
Place tortilla into a pan set over medium heat. Top with the cut out tortilla and press down slightly. Cover and cook.
When the cheese is melted, it’s ready!
TIP: I don’t flip it over since I don’t want the cheese to melt into the pan, but instead just press the tortillas together with light pressure.
Other Halloween Dinners You May Like
Here are a few of our other favorite easy dinners for Halloween that may come in handy. (They also work for lunch, of course.)
Best Tips for Success
- Tortillas labeled “soft” are easiest to cut and easiest for little kids to chew.
- Spread on a thin layer of pumpkin or sweet potato puree to add flavor and veggies.
- Cut up and serve with salsa or guacamole if desired.
- Add some beans or shredded chicken if you’d like.
- Let the kids help make them!
I’d love to hear your feedback on this recipe if you try it, so please comment below to share!
5-Minute Halloween Dinner: Pumpkin Quesadilla
- 4 small whole wheat tortillas (look for "soft" on the label)
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree (or sweet potato puree; optional but recommended)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salsa, sour cream, and/or guacamole as desired
- Place two tortillas onto a cutting board. Use a small knife to cut out a face to look like a jack-o-lantern. (Discard the scraps.)
- Place the remaining two tortillas on a clean surface. Spread on the pumpkin puree, cumin, and cheese, spreading evenly about to the edge. Top with the cut out tortillas.
- Place the quesadillas into a nonstick pan set over medium heat. (You'll likely need to do one at a time.) Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until the cheese is melty and the tortillas are warm. Press the top tortilla down a little to make sure it's secure on the cheese.
- Serve warm, cut into pieces as needed, with salsa, sour cream, and/or guacamole as desired.