Make holiday memories with the kids with these super easy Christmas cookies for kids. These recipes are my favorite holiday cookies to bake with the kids—and to eat right along with them!
Christmas Cookies for Kids
Baking with kids is one of my very favorite holiday traditions and I love doing one each weekend as we head towards the holidays. This list includes my go-to easy cookies for kids—whether you want to make them together or you want to just make a batch to share with the kids.
TIP: Each of these is designed to be very straight-forward to make and they all contain a little less sugar than the traditional cookies. And they are fun to make together!
Cookies for Kids
As soon as the weather starts to cool off, I immediately want to bake. Here are some of our favorites.
1. Easy Sugar Cookies
This dough is so easy to work with and doesn’t need any electric mixers—just clean hands.
2. Easy Gingerbread Cookies
Little gingerbread men are fun to make, decorate, and eat. This is always one of the first holiday cookies we make each year.
3. Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
A little fluffy, a little chewy, these are a classic oatmeal cookie to share.
4. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
This cookie is so airy and light—and has a perfect mix of flavors.
5. Sweet Potato Cookies
If you find yourself with some sweet potatoes to use up, these are a great option!
6. Easy Chocolate Sugar Cookies
A little cocoa powder in the batter goes a long way in these delicious (and lightly sweet) cut-out cookies.
7. Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
It’s always a good day for a loaded chocolate chip cookie!
8. Favorite Apple Cookies
Put some fresh apple to good use in these fruit-filled cookies.
9. No-Bake Peanut Butter Balls
Add these to a cookie tray or make them to share with the family—they’re easy and delicious.
10. No-Bake Apricot Balls
Just 5 ingredients and about 15 minutes are all you need to make these delicious cookie bites.
11. Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls
Think the flavor of S’mores in a fridge-stable format and you have these no-bake bites!
Best Tips for Baking with Kids
If you make these recipes with your kids, here are some resources to help.
- Invest in a Kids Apron to help them stay clean (and feel like a pro!) in the kitchen.
- Remember these easy tips for sane baking with kids and you can do as little or as much together as works for you and your kids.
- A learning tower can help keep the kids safely at counter height.
- Some basic kids cooking tools can help make those little hands get right to work.
- My Food Play cookbook for kids is a great option if you want no-cook recipes to make together.
You May Also Like
- Favorite Make-Ahead Christmas Breakfasts
- Easy Salt Dough
- Favorite Toddler Toys and Gifts
- Graham Cracker Houses
- Strawberry Santas
I’d love to hear if you have a favorite Christmas cookie for kids that you make each year. Please share below and let me know how you like these recipes too!
This post was first published November 2020.