If you have a toddler who’s not a fan of smoothies, or you just want a new way to serve up a green smoothie, try these Kiwi-Spinach Smoothie Pops! They essentially turn a super healthy smoothie—featuring lyogurt, chia seeds, and plenty of produce—into a frozen treat that toddlers will love. And the bonus? There’s balanced nutrition in each one, so you can be sure that your little will be nourished with balanced energy, no sugar crashed required.
Kiwi Spinach Smoothie Freezer Pops
Makes 4-6 pops
- 6 ounces vanilla yogurt (2% or 4% if you can find it)
- 1 cup sliced kiwi, plus more if desired
- 1 sliced banana
- 1/2 cup mango
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds, optional
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and grind until well combined, about 10 seconds, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Taste and adjust sweetness if needed.
- Divide mixture among 3-ounce plastic cups or favorite reusable freezer pop molds.) Place a popsicle stick into the center of each cup and surround with diced kiwi, if desired.
- Place plate or dish into the freezer and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight. To store overnight, let freeze for at least 4 hours, then place into a zip top freezer bag or cover individually with plastic wrap. To serve, snip the cup with scissors and peel away the cup.
Use all banana and omit the kiwi
Use plain yogurt and add a little honey.