With simple ingredients and fresh flavors, this homemade Creamsicle recipe is so fresh and fun for warmer weather—and is packed with Vitamin C, probiotics and protein to help nourish our kiddos!
We love making homemade popsicles and these orange pops are one of our favorites. They require super simple ingredients and have a nice mix of nutrients including vitamin C, protein, and probiotics.
I rely on them when my kids are down with a cold or the flu as much as I do on warm summer afternoons!
Ingredients You Need
To make this recipe you’ll need:
- Full fat plain yogurt (I prefer Greek since it’s creamier, though either will work)
- Fresh orange
- Honey or maple syrup
- Vanilla extract, optional
TIP: Avoid honey for babies under age one. You can swap in non-dairy Greek style yogurt OR canned full fat coconut milk for a dairy-free option.
Here’s a look at the simple process involved in making this recipe. Scroll down to the bottom for the full information.
- Peel the oranges.
- Add the fruit to a blender with the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend super smooth. Taste and adjust sweetener if needed.
- Pour into popsicle molds or small disposable cups. Freeze until firm and serve.
Tips for Making the Best Creamsicles
- You can omit the honey or maple syrup if desired.
- Avoid honey for babies under age one.
- Dairy-free: Use a favorite nondairy Greek-style yogurt like the plant-based yogurt from Siggis OR canned full fat coconut milk.
- Use popsicle molds or small disposable cups with popsicle sticks.
- If using cups with popsicle sticks, place the stick into the mixture after about an hour in the freezer so it will stand up in the center.
- Be sure to blend very, very well to ensure that the mixture is very smooth.
- Run the popsicle mold under hot water for a few seconds to help loosen if needed.
- Store popsicles, once frozen, in a zip top freezer bag in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- These are great for teething relief.
- You may also like my Strawberry Popsicles, Fudge Pops, and my Green Smoothie Pops.
Please comment below if you try this recipe as I’d love to hear your feedback!
This post was originally published February 2016.
Creamsicle Popsicles (3-Ingredients!)
- 2 medium oranges peeled (about 1 ½ cups)
- 1 1/4 cup plain whole milk Greek-style yogurt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract optional
- Mix all ingredients in a blender until very, very smooth.
- Taste mixture and add additional sweetener if desired.
- Pour into molds and freeze for about 4 hours or until firm.
- To serve, run each mold under hot water to loosen, or let sit at room temperature for a few mintues.