Plan ahead to feed your family well this month with 31 healthy family dinners to try. Each is kid-friendly and parent-approved and includes straight forward ingredients and easy methods…because I know you’re just as busy as I am!
Sept 29- Oct 5
Aim to have 1-2 foods on the table that your child usually eats to ensure a happy dinner for everyone…even if that’s just a simple side of a fruit they like.
- Sunday: Instant Pot Red Curry Lentils with pita bread and yogurt
- Monday: One-Pan Pesto Chicken and Brown Rice with fruit
- Tuesday: 30-Minute Black Bean Soup with crackers, shredded cheese, and avocado
- Wednesday: Instant Pot Spaghetti
- Thursday: Fish Sticks with Roasted Carrots and Cornbread
- Friday: Spinach and Cheese Pizza Rolls with cucumbers and fruit
- Saturday: Sweet Potato Chicken Curry with brown rice
Oct 6-Oct 12
Add a favorite veggie (even warmed frozen peas) to round out any of these easy family dinners.
- Sunday: Easy Red Lentil Soup with Healthy Pumpkin Muffins
- Monday: 20-Minute Stir-Fry Rice Noodles
- Tuesday: Sweet Potato and Cheese Quesadillas
- Wednesday: Baked Chicken Tenders
- Thursday: Sandwich night!
- Friday: Pumpkin Mac and Cheese
- Saturday: Healthy Turkey Chili
Oct 13-Oct 19
Try serving some dinners family style and allow everyone to help themselves to the foods they want to eat.
- Sunday: Skillet Stuffed Peppers and Quinoa
- Monday: Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese
- Tuesday: Chicken and Rice Burrito Bowls
- Wednesday: Mini Moroccan Meatballs with Cucumber Sauce
- Thursday: Butternut Squash Apple Soup with Applesauce Muffins
- Friday: Pepperoni Pizza Muffins with salad
- Saturday: Sweet Potato Pancakes and bacon
Challenge the kids to be in charge of setting the table or helping you chop to involve them in the dinner prep.
- Sunday: Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup with Rice
- Monday: Butternut Squash Hummus Sandwiches with fruit
- Tuesday: Slow Cooker Chicken and Bean Tacos with corn
- Wednesday: Creamy Salmon Pasta
- Thursday: Oven Grilled Cheese
- Friday: Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
- Saturday: Big Batch Veggie Chili with plantain chips
Oct 27-Nov 2
Pick up a bag of precut veggies or chop some ahead of time to make adding a simple side to any of these meals quick and easy.
- Sunday:Best Sloppy Joes
- Monday: Pasta with Sausage and Butternut Squash
- Tuesday: Make-Ahead Breakfast Burritos
- Wednesday: Pan-Seared Chicken with Roasted Broccoli
- Thursday: English Muffin Ghost Pizzas
- Friday: Takeout
- Saturday: Egg Muffins with Veggies and Cheese
Plus: Easy Breakfast Ideas
You can make all of these recipes (except the smoothie) ahead of time for quick and nutritious breakfasts for kids.
- Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Fresh Apple Pancakes
- Easy Pumpkin Oatmeal
- Pumpkin Chocolate Baked Donuts
- Chocolate Zucchini Muffins with Blueberries
- Healthy Yogurt Parfaits
- 25 Healthy Muffins to Try
- Sweet Potato Smoothie
- Chocolate Protein Muffins with Hidden Veggies
- Healthy Breakfast Bars
Plus: Easy Snack Ideas
Try to incorporate one or two foods each week that you didn’t have the week before to naturally expose the kids to a variety of foods.
- Sliced Baked Apples
- Sweet Potato Cookies
- Halloween Toast
- Spider Energy Bites
- Candy Corn Fruit and Yogurt Cups
- Pumpkin Granola Bars
- Sweet Potato Yogurt
- Butternut Squash Apple Muffins
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Mini Granola Bites